At Montville State School, we engage 21st century learners by purposefully creating supportive environments that provide opportunities for learning and play that will facilitate your child's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development.
What will my child learn in Prep Year?
The learning experience in the Prep Year will assist your child to:
* take on responsibilities and become increasingly independent
* respect other people and value culture and diversity
* cooperate with others
* make sensible choices about their health and safety
* develop their physical skills, oral language, and reading & writing skills
* develop skills to be confident, resilient, cooperative and persistent learners
* use their imagination and creativity
* learning about their environment
* learn new skills in the Australian Curriculum areas of English, Maths, Science,
Humanities and Social Sciences, the Arts, and Health and Physical Education
Eligibility for 2021 Prep Enrolment
Prep enrolments for 2021 are now open. Please visit our School Office to collect an enrolment pack or download our forms here. The school Principal is happy to meet and show parents around the school by appointment. Please contact the school to arrange a time.
Minimum enrolment ages
Proof of a child’s age, such as a Birth Certificate, is required by the Principal for enrolments. Exceptions may occur when a child has already been enrolled in formal schooling in another state school.
To determine when you child can commence their preparatory year, use the
prep ready reckoner calculator.
Key Dates for Prep 2021
Prep Open Day is Friday 16th October 2020 from 9:15-11am
Prep Transition Morning is Friday 27th November 2020 from 9:30-11am. All future Prep students are invited to join our Prep teacher in the classroom for the morning.